Pages

I Hate Foundation


Although I've seen several girls mention that they don't like foundation in one or more of their blog posts, I've never seen a post from those bloggers entirely dedicated to the topic. I must say that my aversion to liquid bases of every kind (including tinted moisturizer and BB cream) has left me feeling like the odd woman out. I couldn't even hop on the bandwagon with Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, and I've tried concentrating the product only on the area where I need it - my (unintentionally) bright red cheeks. Unfortunately, everything I've tried in the face base category even with modified methods of application has left me feeling the same way - someone get me a makeup wipe before this skin toned cement suffocates my face. Okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but that reenactment is fairly similar to the real life scenario.

If you're like me and you can't stand the feeling of foundation on your face, here are some products that I've just picked up that serve as color correcting replacements for my least favorite makeup item.
Clinique Superprimer (Color Corrects Redness) 

I love how Vivianna from Vivianna Does Makeup injects her great sense of humor into every post she does, and one of her most recent blog entries about keeping (unintentionally) bright red cheeks off of the makeup menu was no exception. I'd been seeing this Clinique primer for a while, but I wasn't altogether sure about it until she featured it. I like that this instantly smooths out the texture of my skin (as you'd expect from any good primer). I do notice a little bit of a color difference around my cheeks and nose, especially since this primer does a pretty good job at blurring out the imperfections in my skin. My one criticism of this is that it could be the product breaking me out - I haven't changed anything in my skincare routine and this is one of the only products that has gone on both my cheeks and forehead, the two places where I've had patches of pimples. I'm going to try cleaning my face brushes to see if that fixes the problem before I send it back to Sephora, but that's where it'll be heading if it's the culprit. 


The next product that I picked up is another blogger inspired purchase. After reading Amber's review of this Radiant Creamy Concealer from Nars on her blog Lovely Notions, I was completely sold. A much less thick and sticky pick than my last pot of concealer (Benefit's Boi-ing), this more fluid cream is one to think about if you don't want to sacrifice good coverage for comfort. Although it feels lightweight on my skin, this little gem has no problem covering up my bright red cheeks even on those days when they resemble Raggedy Ann's. Best of all, a tiny bit of product goes a long way and has good staying power for being more of a liquid formula than everything I've tried before. 


I've been on a Josie Maran kick as of late because of her line's unique formulas. Did you ever think that a powder could be effective at controlling facial oil while moisturizing the skin with argan oil? I certainly didn't, but I liked the sound of this argan oil infused powder foundation as soon as I stumbled upon it while browsing the Sephora website. Just as I'd hoped, this powder provides light to medium coverage without that thick, caked on feeling that you can experience with some powder foundations. The only complaint that I saw from several customers is that the Light/Medium shade turns orange on a lot of skin tones. I thought that the shade I ended up purchasing might be too light for me, but the Light/Medium shade was too orange and dark when I applied it to my wrists. If you can try this out on your wrists or jawline at a counter before you buy it, I'd definitely recommend that you do so. If you're ordering this online, for reference, I'm an NC 20 in Mac's foundations and concealers and wear a Light Plus in their Mineralize Skinfinish Natural.

Do you like or dislike foundation? What are your favorite face bases? Let me know in the comments section below - thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS