Pages

Still My One and Only


As you've probably realized through seeing the pages of beauty reviews on my blog, I thoroughly enjoy trying a variety of products and giving my thoughts on them. My preference for shiny and new over tried and true often means that I don't revisit steady favorites in my blog posts and reaffirm my love for them. I realized that the immediate instinct that was telling me featuring the same products again would be boring was probably wrong. While it may be true that I wouldn't want to read a whole blog entirely dedicated to a handful of products, I came to the conclusion that seeing the products that other beauty bloggers use most often helps me make more informed decisions as a consumer. Since I'd rather run the risk of boring you (sorry) than avoid giving special mention to the products I use on a daily basis, I decided to type up this post about my some of my favorites that I've been giving exclusive attention for a long time. 

Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm 
The title of the review that I wrote about this cleanser a while back is still completely accurate - this is the best cleanser I've ever tried. Unlike other cleansers with the inclusion of mud or clay, this product isn't drying at all, allowing me to use it every day and still get the benefits of the ingredient. As with a lot of good balm cleansers, my skin almost feels more hydrated after toweling it off than it did before I used it! My skin can certainly handle this cleanser even with the oily leanings that it's had this spring and summer, and I feel that this cleanser does strike that delicate balance between being too rich and too stripping/not moisturizing enough. I haven't kicked off my nighttime skincare routine with another cleanser for months (even considering my short rendezvous with the Butter Cleanser from Antipodes) and I've gone through two jars of the stuff since discovering it. Even my mom is a fan - it's really good stuff!

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
It seems like the beauty blogging world is split into two camps when it comes to liquid liner pens, at least for the moment. One half likes the Stila Stay All Day Liner, and the opposing side chooses Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner. I've used the Stila liner before and have passed my final judgment on the issue - I think that Kat Von D's option is by far the easier one to work with for people who aren't superhuman winged eyeliner appliers (me). I found that the nib on the Stila liner would lost its shape quite often - there would be little black fibers that needed to be pulled off more than I would've liked. I also think that the shape of the Kat Von D pen makes it easier for me to get to the base of the lashes to create thinner lines. I'll have to do a more in depth comparison and photograph the nibs side by side (if I still have the Stila liner - I'll have to check) to see if this is just a matter of my preference or if the applicator for Kat Von D's liner really is thinner. I know, so scientific (not).

Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara 
Although I've enjoyed high end mascaras in the past (Benefit's They're Real, YSL Faux Cils, and Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes, more commonly known as that mascara with that spiky ball wand that looks like a torture device), this one by CoverGirl is the only mascara that I've bought and used for almost a year. It's affordable, and as the name would suggest, clump free, which I love - I'm not afraid to really layer up my mascara because I know I won't get a spidery effect if I do. The curved wand is great for pulling lashes up and out and the thin tip allows me to coat and fan out the very thin lashes in my inner corners and at the edges of my lash line. I think that this one is an all around great mascara, although it won't be winning an award any time soon for best packaging!

Diorsnow BB Eye Creme
I've been using this product almost every time I've worn makeup since I bought it in the early fall of 2013 and it is still going strong. It was $49 - which felt like a big pay out at the time - but I believe it was well worth it because of how long it's lasted. There's no detectable shimmer in the product, yet it has a brightening effect that 'wakes up' my face even if I have nothing else on. I really do love it and was happy to discover that it's still available online (I thought that it was limited edition), so I'll definitely be throwing another tube of this into my virtual shopping cart when I run out.
If you'd like to know any more about the product, I definitely recommend you check out essiebutton's review, although I'm warning you - her enthusiasm about this stuff will make you want to buy it!

That's about it for this product roundup! I've linked to posts that I've done in the past on all of these products, so if you're interested in checking them out, click on each product's name.

What are some of your favorite beauty products? Let me know in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS