Pages

Sephora Haul


Summer has always provided us beauty junkies with an array of new collections to shop, and this season hasn't been an exception in the slightest. Sephora's aisles have been packed with great beauty releases this month, especially when it comes to makeup. I hadn't felt inspired to shell out for makeup products (skincare on the other hand...) before this trip to Sephora in what felt like a long time, so I thought today I'd share with you what I deemed worthy of the spend.

Omorovicza Copper Peel - 4 applications
It wouldn't be one of my hauls if it didn't include at least one skincare product!

I'm never going to get over the sticker shock that Omorovicza products give me, but just the same, I'll be harping on about how worth it these products are. I've been really interested in expanding my horizons beyond my beloved Thermal Cleansing Balm (review here, if you're interested), especially since I've tried (and loved) their Elemental Emulsion (review to come). Even though I had a sample of the Refining Facial Polisher, one of the brand's newest launches, and loved it, I read a customer review that dubbed the Copper Peel the shining star of the range. Of course, after that sweeping statement, I had to try it for myself.

I've used this several times and can attest to the quality and the value of this product. I thought that these were single use tubes and that each treatment was going to cost me about $20. It turns out that the caps are designed to fit back into the top of the tube after they've been broken off so that you're not forced to use the contents of the tube all at once. I have easily gotten 3 or 4 treatments out of my first tube of paste and activator, and although I'm close to the end of both, that lessens the price per use to about $5. While I'm not sure that this is heads and shoulders above other high end exfoliating products, it definitely brightens the skin and leaves it feeling softer to the touch. I'm going to experiment with leaving the product on for a bit longer and using other products similar to it to test its efficacy, and I'll keep you posted.

Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eyeshadows in Rio De Rose Gold and Bora Bora Bronze
I saw a few of the shades from Josie Maran's new eyeshadow release in Amarixe's most recent Sephora haul and loved the highly metallic finish. Luckily, I managed to find these while I was in Sephora after having forgotten what they were called and the brand that they were from. I've used the lighter rose gold shade once and will say that I had some issues with creasing without a primer. Most of the reviews that I read said that they didn't need a base, so I was expecting it to be one of those easy, slap it on and blend it out type of shades. I was a little disappointed that they'll take a little more work to apply, but they're definitely worth it. I'll keep you posted on how applying a primer underneath goes - they come off with water, and with my oily eyelids and the summer heat, I'm not sure how well they'll do.

Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil in Sweet Citrus 
I tried this out once while I was in Sephora and was impressed, but decided to wait to purchase it as I still had a body cream that was waiting to be used up. Several months later and over half of the contents of that aforementioned body cream remained. When I saw this mini size in Sweet Citrus had become available for $12, I decided there was no time like the present, and I'm certainly glad I did. This cream melts into the skin - just what you'd expect argan oil to do - and my skin soaks it up very quickly. There's no residue left behind, and it does a good job of banishing that tightness I feel in the morning if I didn't use a good moisturizer the night before.
You can still get these sample sizes on Sephora's website in the scent that I chose (Sweet Citrus) and Lavender. It's a great way to try this product if you're still unsure if you want to take the plunge and purchase the full size like I was.

Dior Addict Fluid Stick in 754 Pandore
This is the one product that I actually haven't tested out yet. I've been hearing great things about it online, and I've loved every lip product that I've tried from Dior, so I have high hopes for it. In swatches, it's very pigmented, so I'm looking forward to trying it - I'll let you know how we get along in a future post.

The very last thing that I added into my shopping cart was a thousand point perk from Marc Jacobs that features two full size, limited edition lip products - a Lip Gel in Cabaret and a matching Lip Vinyl in Shooting Stars. This is by far the best purchase that I've made with my points, and if you're a VIB Rouge and have been saving yours up for something big, this is definitely a perk that I recommend checking out.

That's about it for this haul!
Let me know in the comments section what you've bought recently/what you have your eye on.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS