Pages

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm Review


I was chuffed with my Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask the last time we checked in on the lip balm front, but as the reviews on the Sephora website warned, my tube had several holes in it before I could finish even half of the product. It seemed pretty unhygienic to me to be using lip balm that had been hanging out of the side of the tube, so I passed it along to my sister who loved it so much that she could deal with the serious packaging design flaws. Although I feel that Bite's Lip Mask is slightly more nourishing (if you need a lip balm to take your lips from dry, cracked, and flaky to soft and nourished overnight, I'd choose the Bite Mask), this beauty blogger favorite from Nuxe isn't as thick and heavy, making it as ideal for use during the day as it is for smothering on as an overnight treat.
I've just smelled (and applied) this lip balm, and I think that it smells like a delicious mixture of citrus and sugar, which isn't surprising given its lemon yellow coloring. Just like the sweet lemon desserts it smells of, this lip balm manages to strike a satisfying chord between rich and luscious and light and fluffy, feeling slightly more whipped and less waxy than any other lip balm I've used. This balm is hydrating enough for my parched lips dried out from the day and thin enough to apply generously during the day without that uncomfortably thick feeling. It also lasts well through eating, drinking, talking, and sleeping - I wake up the morning after I've applied this and still feel like there's a thin film of balm protecting my lips. Even though this is lighter than Bite's balm, I still feel like my lips are just as soft and nourished through regular exfoliation and use of the Nuxe balm as they were when I was exclusively using the Bite Lip Mask.

Although I know a lot of beauty bloggers feel the same way that I do about this lip balm, I heard from my sister that she didn't like it because it was too thick. Even though she has lips that get just as dry as mine and loves the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask, which is one that I find to be much more dense, she decided to pass on this one. If you normally don't like lip balms with thick consistencies, I still don't think that this one is for you even though the texture works for me.

If you were on the fence about the Bite Beauty Lip Mask because it was a bit too thick for your liking or need a balm that's more hydrating than the Caudalie and Dior options, then this could be one to check out. I also think that if you liked the texture of the Omorovicza lip balm, you won't have a problem with this one - if the price tag of Omorovicza's option is too steep to consider repurchasing, this is a good one to try, although it's definitely not a dupe.

Have you tried out this lip balm or any other products from Nuxe? What's your favorite lip balm of the moment? Let me know in the comments section below.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS