Pages

The Liebster Award

The Liebster Award 

About four months ago, a lovely blogger named Shani from She Dreams in Perfect French gave my blog a Liebster Award nomination. I'd seen this award going around for a while, even before I started my blog, but I never knew what it entailed. Basically, now that I've been nominated for the award as a blogger with under 200 followers, I have to answer the 11 questions that Shani provided for me and nominate 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers to answer a set of questions that I've created.

Sounds easy enough, right? 

Not exactly! 

Even in the four months since that nomination post, I have not discovered and started reading 11 blogs with under 200 followers. Instead of trying to fill out my list by going in search of more bloggers who have under or around 200 followers, I thought that I would give you my smaller list that's more of a representation of the blogs that I read and enjoy on a regular basis. 

With that said, I'm nominating: 

Lovely Notions

Mercuteify

Sophie Makes Up

Waite a Little

Berrie Blogs


Here are the 11 questions that I was asked to answer... 

1. Do you have a favorite makeup brand, and what is it?
My answer is extremely typical, but my favorite makeup brand has to be Mac. I love eyeshadow and lipstick, and Mac's shade range for both just can't be matched. 

2. Your best kept beauty secret?
I wash the roots of my hair every day because they get greasy, but keep my hair healthy by washing the ends of my hair infrequently. I also use a deep conditioning mask as my regular conditioner every day to keep my dry ends hydrated - my favorite is Macadamia's Deep Repair Mask. 

3. What is your no-fail makeup look, from eyeshadow to blush to lipstick?
I wear black winged eyeliner, a hydrating lip color like the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Berry, concealer under the eyes and a little bit of powder if I'm especially red, but no blush and normally, no base. I'm very into skincare and since it's better to let my skin 'breathe,' I do it as much as possible!

4. Whose style do you admire?
I couldn't choose between my two favorite fashion bloggers, Evelina and Kalel. I love the way that they mix and match color and texture to create interesting outfits and that they aren't afraid to try out new looks.
 
5. Which blogger’s wardrobe do you wish you could shop in?
I wish that I could shop in the wardrobe of Elle Fowler from dreaminginblush.com, if the clothes were like the jeans from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and magically stretched to fit me! Her style is feminine with a bit of an edge, and she had some killer pieces for spring on her fashion rack.

6. Do you think designer handbags are worth the price?
Yes and no, if that's possible! While I love my designer handbags, I know that they're priced so high because of the name brand logo on the front. If you shop for a handbag made from quality material that's constructed well and disregard the brand name, I think that you can find a staple, standby bag for much less than the high end designer prices. 

7. If you could only use one article of makeup for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I would say pen eyeliner, specifically Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner. I have naturally long, black lashes, so I'd skip out on the mascara in order to keep my winged eyeliner. 

8. What are your 5 favorite books?
In no particular order... 
1. Divergent by Veronica Roth 
2. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte 
3. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith 
4. All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque (this book will cause you to have a big existential crisis, but I love that it made me think, and I had to throw in one from 10th grade English class!) 
5. Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer 
6. Okay... this is cheating, but I have to mention the whole Percy Jackson series because it was a huge part of my childhood. 

I'm such a teenager... wonderful classics on a list with romantic teen fiction! 

9. What are your 5 favorite songs?
In no particular order... 
1. Long Hot Summer by Keith Urban (well, I lied, because this one is my favorite off of the list!)
2. Six Feet Under the Stars by All Time Low 
3. There's a Place for Us by Carrie Underwood 
4. All of Daughtry's Break the Spell album (I know that's cheating, but... I just couldn't pick one song from it!)
5. Two is Better than One by Boys Like Girls ft. Taylor Swift

10. What trend do you wish you could try but are afraid to?
Color for spring - I know it sounds silly, but no matter what I do, I always end up picking out outfits that have black as their most prominent color. I need to step outside of my comfort zone!

11. What was the last movie you saw that had you thinking for days?
The Book Thief - only watch it if you want to cry. 

The 11 questions that I'd like the bloggers I've nominated to answer... 

1.What is your favorite lipstick of all time? 
2. What is your favorite brand for eyeshadow? 
3. If your skincare routine could only consist of five products total, what would they be? 
4. What is one makeup or fashion trend that you followed when you were younger that you now regret? 
5. What are your three favorite TV shows of the moment? 
6. What book do you think everyone should read?
7. What are your top three favorite movies of all time? 
8. Do you have a favorite clothing store or brand? If so, what is it? 
9. What place in the world do you want to visit most right now? 
10. What are your three favorite foods or dishes? 
11. What are some of your hobbies (besides blogging, of course)? 

Let me know in the comments below what some of your favorite blogs with under 200 followers are.
Thanks to Shani for nominating me, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS