Pages

European Skincare Haul


I've only mentioned it once or twice here on the blog, but a few weeks ago I was in Europe with my school, which only means one thing - it's time for a haul!
As a beauty obsessive, while others were scoping out the best tourist attractions and restaurants to visit during free time, I was sizing up my drugstore options. I managed to find all of the beauty products that I wanted, and even got to visit the Omorovicza Spa in Budapest to pick out some of my most wanted items.
Here's a list of everything I managed to get my hands on across the pond...

Bioderma Sensibio H2O

This was undoubtedly the product that I was most excited to bring back to the States. I have wanted this cleansing water for over a year, and was about ready to take my chances and order it on Amazon more than a few times. Luckily, a few online stores sell it now at a reasonable price and offer international delivery for when I run out, but something tells me that those two huge bottles will last for a long time!

I won't let you know how I like it now, but I promise, a post all about it is coming soon.

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm and Creme Fraiche Mask

Nuxe's lip balm is another product that's been on my radar for a while. Its texture is unlike any other lip balm I've used before - it almost has a whipped quality that hydrates my lips sufficiently, but keeps the balm from being too thick and rich. Best of all, it tastes and smells like lemon and sugar.

Ever since I saw Nuxe's Creme Fraiche Mask on a top ten best masks list by Gemsmaquillage, I've been interested in trying it. I've only used it once since I got it and I like it so far, but I can't give my final verdict just yet.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Plus 

I haven't been able to use the Effaclar Duo formula that's available in the United States because of its higher concentration of benzoyl peroxide and its drying effects on my skin, so I decided to pick up a tube while I was in Europe to see if my skin fares any better with a different version of the product.

This product has been my go to for when my skin is breaking out since I purchased it. It makes one of the biggest differences in the size of my pimples and takes away a lot of the redness that makes a breakout noticeable. I've also noticed that my face is less oily and congested in the morning when I wake up if I've used it the night before. I even tested it while I was in Munich and although it wasn't able to control oil significantly while I was walking around in the heat of the day and sweating, it managed to noticeably even out the texture of my skin overnight, and I wasn't having the best skin week.

Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist and Elemental Emulsion

I tried the Queen of Hungary Mist in the starter kit that I bought to try out the brand and really enjoyed using it. I wouldn't normally spend that much money on a toner, but because I was on vacation and the exchange rate in Hungary was good, I decided to splurge. I love the refreshing herbal scent of this toner and it's a relaxing part of my routine, but I don't think that it's something you need to run out and buy right now.

The Elemental Emulsion, on the other hand, is something that I think anyone with combination skin needs to get their hands on. My skin has finally gotten clearer, smoother, and brighter after weeks of being congested and broken out. Although I'm sure a variety of factors contributed to my skin's turnaround, I can confidently say that this moisturizer was one of them.

I could've ordered it all online now that I think of it, but what's the fun in that?

Have you been interested in trying any beauty products that aren't readily available in your country? Let me know in the comments section below, and thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS