Pages

Argan Oil as Moisturizer?



Many girls, especially those of us who have oily skin, shy away from facial oils. I'll admit that even for me, there was a time when loading up on oils just didn't make sense. Why would you put grease on top of grease? What does that accomplish? I thought that I'd even seen proof that facial oils were just a beauty fad when the oils in Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate became too rich for my skin and I started to break out. Now that my skin has reentered a dehydrated state, though, I've rediscovered the value of oils, and I've even begun using argan oil as moisturizer a few nights a week. Here are a few of the things that I've learned about facial oils through my experiences of trial and error.
1. Find the right facial oil for you.

Like any other skincare product, you might not come across your perfect facial oil on the first try. Even after trying samples and liking a particular product, there's no guarantee that your skin will continue to react well to it over time. The best things that you can do are to get samples when possible, take advantage of 'try me' kits with deluxe sample sizes that pop up in Sephora and other beauty stores, and shop at places with good return policies in case it just doesn't work out.

2. Listen to your skin.

I have tried so many 'miracle products' that didn't work for me and have been dishonest with myself about them. I kept using Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate despite my skin because a lot of beauty bloggers that I like have said good things about it. Everyone's skin is different, and even if your favorite beauty guru religiously applies a product every night, it doesn't necessarily mean that it'll turn into your holy grail. It's better for you to find a product that works for you than to keep using the ones that break you out but are constantly getting coverage on the beauty scene.

3. Find the right routine.

I may love using Josie Maran's Argan Oil as a moisturizer at night, but I can't use it for multiple nights in the row without my skin reacting. Being able to judge how much moisture your skin needs is an important skill that you'll learn through trial and error. Is your skin slightly oily? Try mixing in one or two drops of your facial oil with your nighttime moisturizer. Is your skin dehydrated with dry patches? You might want to apply the oil more liberally. Is your skin normal? Try using the argan oil as an all over facial moisturizer on days when you use deep cleansing masks or need a little extra oomph in the moisture department.

A product may not be working for you because your skin reacts to it best when it's used in small increments. Give a product a fair shot by slowly introducing it into your routine and cutting back on its usage when you think that your skin has had enough.

I reserve my facial oils for use as needed. How do they fit into your routine?
Let me know in the comments section below - thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS