Pages

Mac Samoa Silk Eyeshadow Review

Mac Samoa Silk Eyeshadow 

It's no secret - I really like Mac shadows. It's a combination of things that contributes to my appreciation of the range. The color selection is spot on, with a large collection of unique neutrals and any vibrant color I could ever want. Their finishes are also very consistent across the board - when I purchase a veluxe pearl eyeshadow, I know that I'm going to get a buttery metallic shade that's easy to blend. On the flip side, I haven't come across a lustre that doesn't have at least a little bit of fallout, so the quality control of each finish is a double edged sword. Overall, Mac has a whole host of eyeshadow options to offer at the (fairly) reasonable price of $15 a pop. Maybe that's why it's so hard for me to pick just one favorite shadow out of the shades that I've collected.


Even with my indecisiveness, I can determine that Samoa Silk is a true contender for a spot in my top 5 favorites. The texture of this shade is very smooth, just as you'd expect from an eyeshadow with 'silk' in its name. Although this subtle orange would be a great alternative to a warm brown blending shade, my favorite use for it is a lid shade in a slightly smoked out eye. I'll pack this all over the lids and then layer up a warm brown in the crease. A dark brown such as Espresso gets placed in the outer corner to deepen things up. Instead of going for traditional black gel liner, I take a blue gel eyeliner and apply that to my upper lash line to make the orange stand out. This has become one of my go-to special occasion looks when I'm wanting something a little bit more unique than a brown smokey eye - let me know if you want to see a tutorial on this.

What are some of your favorite Mac shadows? Let me know in the comments section below - thanks for reading!

(I just found out after typing up this post that Mac's Samoa Silk has been discontinued - I still decided that I'd post this review. Mac offers a location service for discontinued products, so you may still be able to get your hands on it. Some of you may already own it and this might inspire you to dig it out of your drawers! I'm sorry that it's discontinued - I think that Mac made a big mistake with this one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS