Pages

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Review


Acne, spots, pimples, blemishes - whatever you call those angry red dots that crop up at the most inconvenient times (but then again, what time is a good time to have 'em in the first place?), I'm sure that you don't refer to them lovingly. Like many other girls and boys, I never know exactly what to do when these hormonally induced monsters rear their ugly heads. Do I break out my most drying clay masks in the hopes that they'll make my skin an inhospitable host for my newest squatters? Do I use extra moisturizing products in the hopes that my skin is merely dehydrated and is trying to let me know? Do I par back the skincare to a few basic products that I know won't break me out, or should I add in some extras like face masks and spot creams?
As you can tell, when I spot a spot on my face, I begin to consider many different plans of action to clear it up. After years of testing various schemes for damage control, I can firmly say that there really is no perfect way to deal with any patch of pimples. Each breakout is caused by a certain set of factors that are impossible to pinpoint - stress, naughty desserts, lack of sleep, dehydration, a cold, weather changes, etc. Even if I did have an algorithm to determine what causes each breakout that I get, I wouldn't know how to fix a fair few of those potential causes! So, like everyone else, I apply my concoctions at night and cross my fingers that I don't wake up with more unwanted guests on my face.

So, you say, how does this blemish busting saga relate to today's review? La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Duo is one of those products that I use to treat those peskier pimples that won't go away without a traditional, slightly drying blemish cream. Think of this little number as my 'last resort' product for acne. With a decent dose (5.5%) of benzoyl peroxide, this cult product certainly packs a much needed punch. It reduces the redness of the pimple immediately, which is the most agitating part of a breakout for me, and gradually reduces each zit's size.

Although this product is effective, it's one of those skincare items that I use mostly because I don't know what else to apply to clear up stubborn acne. I can't smear it on multiple days in a row without experiencing dryness in certain areas, even when I'm careful to apply the cream only on the spots themselves. Because I only break out the potent ingredients in this cream to treat my most insufferable spots, it takes more than one overnight treatment to straighten out my skin - so this cream can't do the job all on its own. Since it dries out my skin considerably, I'm still in the market for something a little less concentrated that can be used more regularly, although I will definitely hold onto this when I want to bring out the 'big guns' in my skincare arsenal.

With all of that said, I think that this spot treatment would be a great one for skin types that don't tend to get sensitive or dry.

Have you tried this spot treatment? What did you think? Let me know in the comments section below. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS