Pages

Eyelash Curlers - Beauty Staples or Unnecessary Hassles?


When I first noticed that the Chanel Eyelash Curlers were popular among beauty bloggers and vloggers, I was slightly confused. Most eyelash curlers follow the classic shape of my Sephora pair that I got when I was in middle school - the back half where fingers are placed looks like it came from a pair of scissors, and the top half where the eyelash curling magic happens looks slightly like a torture device. (Yes, I know that joke has been made quite a few times before, but I just had to acknowledge it here, as it is so true.) The Chanel model doesn't appear to be much different from my eyelash curler, except for the fact that the Chanel logo will show in a mirror when it's used for lash curling. At $34, I couldn't imagine myself thinking that my investment was worth it, even if the act of curling my eyelashes instantly became more fabulous. To be honest, I don't use my eyelash curler that much, and I don't think that even Chanel would be incentive enough to make me pick it up.
Although this may sound a little strange, I never feel like I can curl my lashes correctly. One set of lashes looks full, flared, and lengthened, while the other remains... in a word, flat. I don't wake up with eyelashes that look like falsies, so the contrast between my unchanged, natural lashes and the perfectly curled ones sours me to the whole eyelash curling experience. I could curl the right set of eyelashes, apply mascara, curl the left set, and then finish everything off with a coat of mascara on the left set - but to me, it doesn't seem worth it. It takes me more time to get ready, and when I'm using an expensive mascara that I don't want to dry out, I don't want my eyelash grooming ritual to take more than a few seconds.

For me, an eyelash curler is the type of product that I'll whip out on a special occasion - if I ever have to replace mine, I know that I won't be spending more than a few dollars on a very basic, non-embellished tool.

What are your thoughts on eyelash curlers? Love 'em or leave 'em? Let me know in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS