Pages

Mac Blue Brown Pigment Tutorial


Today I thought I'd share with you a tutorial for a look using Blue Brown Pigment from Mac that I've been wearing for at least two years. There's something about the distinctive blue sparkles in this pigment paired with a warm brown in the crease that makes this look special... which is part of the reason why I want to wear this combination over and over again. And trust me when I say that I have! 
If you're interested in recreating this look, read on to see how I did it.
Firstly, I took Bad to the Bronze Color Tattoo, a gorgeous budget friendly option by Maybelline,  and applied it to both eyelids.

Next up is the star of this tutorial, Mac's Blue Brown Pigment. I very carefully took off the lid and the stopper and loaded some of the pigment onto my brush, making sure to tap off the excess to avoid fallout. Then I gently patted the color onto my eyelids, and because pigments will fall down onto the face more easily than a powder shadow, I didn't sweep the brush across my lids at all. With that said, don't be afraid to pack it on there! Layering this pigment up will make sure that the blue sparkles in it really show up.

To smooth out any harsh lines that I created with the pigment and cream shadow, I grabbed Mac's Soft Brown from my Mac palette (Soft Brown is the middle shadow in the first column of three on the left in the photo above) on a big fluffy brush and applied it in the crease. To warm up the look even further, I took Brown Script from Mac on a crease brush and focused it more towards the outer edges of the crease, joining it up with where I placed Soft Brown previously.

To brighten up the eyes, I took Blanc Type on my big square fluff brush and applied it generously to my inner corners and underneath my brow bone. Of course, any matte highlight will do! I would just stay away from the shimmery highlight colors because of how much sparkle there is on the lids.

I did this look on my eyes just for the purpose of this blog post one afternoon, so I didn't go the whole way and add a black gel, cream, or liquid liner, but I would really recommend it. This eye look needs something to ground it with the iridescent quality of the pigment, and I think an application of liner on the upper lash line and a thick coat of mascara does just that. This look would also pair well with winged eyeliner and a darker matte brown to define the outer corner for a night out. You can definitely build on this look for extra drama, which is one of the things that I like about it.

Do you have a favorite way of using your pigments? Are you going to dig out Mac's Blue Brown to try this look? Let me know in the comments section below, and thanks for checking out this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS