Pages

Josie Maran Argan Love Your Lips Hydrating Lipstick Review


Have you ever seen a lipstick like this one? Until I saw a review about it and decided to throw it into my basket in Sephora, I certainly hadn't. The outside layer of this lipstick is pure argan oil and the inside is a stick of vibrant red pigment. The hydrating balmy layer of argan oil that this lipstick deposits creates a beautiful and unique shine that's unlike anything else I've seen. Although many of the colors in the range are very vibrant, that layer of argan oil diffuses the color, creating an effect much like water color paints in swatches and on the lips. Although some of the testers that I've tried to swatch on my hands since purchasing this product have been finicky, the lipstick that I own always glides effortlessly across my lips. I don't have to worry too much about exfoliating and moisturizing before using this product, and unlike matte and some satin formulas, there's no struggle to apply this color evenly to dry lips. For me, it's the perfect winter lip product.

There are only two criticisms that I could give in regard to this product. The first one is that the shape of it does make it a little awkward to apply on occasion. I do worry about messing up my lip line because the source of pigment is in the center of the bullet, which makes it more difficult to line up with my cupids bow and the other outside edges of my mouth. This problem can be easily solved by using a lip brush or my best tool, my fingers, to spread out the pigment. All that this small issue means is that this lipstick takes a bit longer to apply.

My second issue with it is the wear time. I was expecting it to last a longer time than it actually did. I would say that you have about an hour of wear time with the high shine and pigment color that you see in the photo above, especially if you habitually lick your lips or rub them together like I do. The product does impart a fairly nice stain and I didn't notice any uneven wear and tear, but your lips will not be looking as plump and healthy with that stain on them as they do with the full impact of the pigment and shine. Wear time is not a huge issue for me, as it's easy enough for me to keep the lipstick in a pocket or purse and reapply when I get the chance. If that's something that's very important to you, though, I would say that pairing this product with a long lasting lip liner is absolutely necessary.

The verdict? I would consider skipping it if wear time is especially important to you and you're not willing to wear lip liner to combat the product's issues. If you want a lipstick that you can apply on the go without a mirror, this is also one to skip. This is a must try if you like interesting, nontraditional products, or if you've been having especially dry lips this winter and like high gloss finishes. All in all, it's a pretty good pick for $22.00. You can find a more detailed product description here.

What do you think of this lipstick? Is it something that you'll be checking out or that you already own? Let me know in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS