Pages

Naked 3 Tutorial: Easy, Polished Eye Makeup

This is my 'Camera, why won't you focus?!' face... and then my camera focused at an inopportune moment. Oops. 


When I was getting ready to go out for dinner one weekend, the spirit struck me to pull my untouched Naked 3 palette out of its box and start making some dents in those gorgeous shimmery shades. It's definitely a more subtle look than what I usually go for, but there is a small part of me that loves neutral eye makeup like this. It's very easy to replicate, but since there's been so much buzz about the Naked 3 recently and it seems like it was in everyone's stocking this Christmas, I thought that I'd add my tutorial into the mix. Read on if you'd like to find out what I used!



Firstly, I dipped my finger into this Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze and spread it all over my eyelids. It would be easy to find a dupe for this cream shadow in your collection if you don't have it, so pull out any medium bronze base from your stash, preferably one with shimmer or a metallic sheen.


The first powder eyeshadow which I applied all over my eyelids with the flat shading brush included in the Naked 3 Palette is a color called Liar. In order to blur any harsh edges that I created with that first shadow, I took the blending shade to the left of it called Nooner on the fluffy side of the dual ended brush and ran it over the edges of the lid color.

I thought that the satin highlight in this palette wasn't matte enough given all of the shimmer happening on the eyelids, so I opted for Mac's Blanc Type shadow to pop in the inner corners of my eyes and underneath my brow bone. Of course, the highlight in the Naked 3 could definitely be used in place of a matte highlight - it's all a matter of personal preference! 

In order to further brighten up my eyes, I lined my waterline with Tarte's Inner Rim Eyeliner and covered up my dark circles with the Diorsnow BB Eye Creme. Then I took Kat Von D's tattoo eyeliner and thinly lined my upper lash line. No wings today (although winged liner would suit this look very well)!


Last but not least, I finished off the eyes by taking Covergirl's Clump Crusher and applied it generously to my lashes.

Do you have the Naked 3, are you interested in getting it, or are you going to skip it? Let me know in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS