Pages

Clarins Extra Comfort Cleansing Cream Review


I found out from this post by Caroline Hirons that Clarins is releasing a newly formulated version of their Extra Comfort Cleansing Cream this month. I haven't seen any press releases for it and it's still up on the Belk website here, but I imagine that it won't be available for much longer, as it's not showing up on the Clarins website anymore. So, before this standby product of mine is no longer available, I thought that I'd get a review in. Let's get on with it!
I think that the first thing that you should know about this cleanser is that it's very basic. It's a simple, off white cream that you scoop out of the tub and smooth onto a dry face. I normally remove it with a wet washcloth as I do with all of my nighttime cleansers, but I think that splashing your face with some water would get it off completely. It's a no frills type of cleanser, but the scent and consistency of this product, like the name, makes it very comforting. It smells slightly perfumed, just like something that a mother or grandmother might use, and I think that's a big part of the reason why it puts me at ease. This is also a really reliable product that I know won't break me out and will soothe my skin if it ever becomes inflamed or broken out from any new products I'm testing.

I think that this would be a great place to start for someone who has never incorporated a cleanser into their routine before, especially if you don't want to use a gel or foam that would strip your skin, but you're not quite comfortable with the idea of a balm. This definitely leaves the skin clean, but it's not stripped at all. The greatest thing of all? This is one of those easy cleansers that you don't have to think about before you slap it on, so it's great for those nights when you don't want to fuss around with a multitude of products, but you also don't want to neglect your skin.

This cleanser is $44, but you get a whopping 7 oz of product. This wouldn't be the best for on the go use, but if you want great value for your money, this is definitely it.

Are you interested in trying this product or have you tried it before? What did you think? Let me know in the comments section below.
Thank you so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS