Pages

Antipodes Haul and First Impressions


The stories behind all of my recent purchases involve my indulging due to discounts that were available during either Black Friday or Cyber Monday, so I'll spare you the details of my recent Antipodes splurge! What I won't leave out are all of the wonderful things that I have to say about these four products, which have done things just short of miracles for my skin since I've started using them.

Antipode's Grapeseed Butter Cleanser was one of those products that I debated getting for a long time. When I'd finally decide that I didn't need it and removed it from my online shopping cart, I would spend the next few days thinking about it. I searched the Web for some reviews, and there were more positive postings than negative, but one mention of cystic acne as a result of this product and I ran in the other direction. My skin has the tendency to develop little surface bumps if the products I'm using are too rich, so the fact that this cleanser has butter in it's name got me a little worried. Regardless of my fears, I decided to take the plunge and buy it so that I could get the 20% discount on it, as this stuff isn't the cheapest at $47.

I'm happy to report that this cleanser is not an overpriced tub of butter and did not break me out in the slightest. This is definitely the richest cleansing balm that I've ever tried, though, so it's not a good option to start out with if you've never touched a similar cleanser. If you're ready to graduate from balm to butter, then this is the stuff for you.

I take a little more than a pea sized amount and really work this into my skin while my hot water heats up. The key to my success with this product is to make sure that I remove it completely. I then wet my hands a little bit and continue to work the product in. This step may seem unnecessary, but I find that it loosens the product up a bit and makes it easier to remove when I go in with my warm washcloth. Then I wet my washcloth and start to remove the product in small circles. I do feel like there's residue left on my skin, but as long as I've taken care to remove it properly, it doesn't break me out and just helps to moisturize my skin. If I feel that I haven't done as good a job at removing this as I should have, I'll take a hydrating toner (I'm using Caudalie's Grape Water at the moment) and spritz it all over my face.

The results? The results have been really good, and even though this butter is a bit of a pain to remove compared to my other cleansing balms, it's really helped to clear up some pesky hormonal blemishes. I get lots of little patches of pimples on my chin and forehead, and nothing else has helped to clear them up like these Antipodes products. Since this has been one of the products that I've been reaching for the most, I give this product credit for a lot of those results.


The next product that I'll slather on at night is the Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream. I thought that I'd like the scent of the Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream better, but this moisturizer smells faintly of perfume which, strangely enough, calms me down. I love my nighttime products to double as aromatherapy, so this light, natural scent is very much welcomed. Although it may not look like it from the photo above, this one has a pretty rich texture, so much so that I find I don't need to layer it with a serum. Again, just like the butter cleanser that I've been using in my routine, this doesn't completely disappear into the skin. I can always feel a bit of a tackiness on my face just after application. That residue is all gone by morning, and I know that my skin loves to drink up the excess product. I haven't touched any of my exfoliating toners, scrubs, and masks for at least two weeks and my skin feels just as soft as it would the day after a treatment with one of them. I've also noticed a reduction in the overall redness of my cheeks, and the excess oils that normally pool between my eyebrows haven't acted up very much since I started incorporating these products into my routine.


The Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream is the only product of the bunch that I haven't been using on a nearly daily basis. There's absolutely nothing wrong with its performance, and the only reason that I can supply is my own laziness when it comes to properly cleansing my face in the morning! Since I've been home on Christmas break, I've started to use a cleansing water in the morning on a cotton pad in place of the normal balm and washcloth arrangement. I don't have to apply an oily sunscreen  and my nightly cleansing routine happens significantly earlier than normal, so I don't think that my skin notices the difference. I haven't had the desire to break convention and apply the day cream at night, so unused this little tub will stay, at least until I get back into a more normal morning routine.
Since I can't say much about it, I'll have to do a follow up once I've tested it a little more!


The glob of product right in the center of my palm is in fact the raved about Aura Manuka Honey Mask from Antipodes. It seems like every woman and their mother has tried this stuff, but it is beyond worthy of all of the attention that it's getting. This mask is like a hybrid between a clay mask and a moisture mask with none of the sulfuric stench that comes with some full fledged clay options. It's so creamy that you would think it was a moisturizer with no antibacterial or acne clearing properties, so I could see this working for ultra sensitive, dry skin types. For those of us who don't have easily irritated skin, this is an acne treatment mask that won't strip our skin of the moisture it needs and won't make us unable to move our faces. Because it's so gentle, this is also a mask that I can leave on for half an hour or more, so I don't have to worry that my face will fall off after 15 minutes if I'm too lazy to get off of the couch to rinse it off. Even though I shouldn't let scent be a factor that determines how much I love a product, it is, and I must say that I love this mask ten times more because it smells delicious. It has a sweet, warm scent, and I almost need to check the oven to make sure I'm smelling my face and not some sugary confection that's in the oven!

I always wake up to see that the hard to clear patches of pimples on my chin and forehead are looking much better, and any blemishes that I had anywhere else on my face are either gone or significantly reduced in size. This boosts the overall radiance of my skin and is most definitely in my top 5 'can't live without them' mask list.

Have you ever tried/are curious about trying anything from Antipodes? Let me know in the comments section below.
Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS