Pages

The Cult Favorite that Wasn't #2: Caudalie Beauty Elixir

Caudalie Beauty Elixir, $18-$48, available here at Sephora.com

I didn't intend to write another 'The Cult Favorite that Wasn't' post (the first one, about my EOS Lip Balm in Strawberry Sorbet, can be found here), but I just couldn't resist using the header for this post about the regularly hyped up Caudalie Beauty Elixir. I love Caudalie's line of skincare and have loved every other product that I've tried, but this toner just didn't float my boat, and here's why.

The scent. Or rather, odor. If I sprayed this on my face before preparing myself for what was coming, I'm sure that it would knock me out with its herb-infused blast! One of the main ingredients in this toner that can be smelled above all of the others is mint. I normally love mint, so if the scent was a very strong and true peppermint scent, I would be head over heels in love with this toner. It's the scent beneath the peppermint that makes my stomach turn and gives me a slight headache. I am over-exaggerating, but this stuff is potent, and the scent does linger for a good while before it finally dissipates.

One of the reasons why this toner didn't work for me at the time of purchase was because I was looking for a gentle toner to calm and soothe my red and irritated skin. I didn't feel like this toner was soothing or even hydrating, because my face felt drier immediately after using it. This is often times a plus for people with acne prone, oily skin, and if I were looking to control oil and dry out spots, this might be a product that I would pull out, spray on a cotton pad, and apply to certain areas of my face. Since this product didn't fit my skin type at the time, I felt like it left my skin looking even more red and clogged, so that might make me hesitant to pick it back up if that time ever comes. Unfortunately, I think that this is a product that I'll be handing over to my sister who has an oilier skin type.

Have you ever tried Caudalie's Beauty Elixir, and if so, what did you think? Let me know in the comments section!

Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS