Pages

Stila Kitten Smudge Pot Review


I don't like to write negative reviews, but Stila's Smudge Pot in Kitten is definitely not my favorite cream eyeshadow. All of the positive reviews about this product that exist and the fact that it does swatch pretty well in store led me to buy this, so to prevent some future disappointments, I thought I'd give anyone researching this product a heads up about its pitfalls.


Can you tell where each product is swatched? Of course, there are some slight texture differences that would let me know that the powder eyeshadow is on the right and the cream product on the left, but this image would give me no indication that either product performs less than optimally. When I try to apply each product to my eye, that's a completely different story. This smudge pot has an extremely dry and chunky texture. Like it's powder eyeshadow counterpart, it has some glitter, but that glitter isn't well incorporated into the product itself like Kitten eyeshadow. Bits of the smudge pot will flake off during application, and I suspect that a lot of those flakes are due to the glitter in the product. I can smooth those out when I'm applying the cream shadow onto a flat surface like my hand, but during application to the eye, those flakes will fall onto the area around my eye and my cheeks. I'd never experienced fall out from a cream eyeshadow before using this product, but I guess that there's a first time for everything!


Unfortunately, I think that the trash can is the place that this smudge pot will be going.
I'm open to the possibility that there was some kind of defect with my product, but I've seen some scattered negative reviews about it, so this is either just the formula of the product or these type of production flaws are a regular occurrence. Honestly, if you're interested in a highly shimmery pinky champagne eye product that's buttery smooth and doesn't have much fallout, I would opt for Stila's Kitten Eye Shadow to begin with. Otherwise, make sure you shop at a store with a good return policy!

If you're still interested in this product, you can get it here for $20, or its eyeshadow counterpart here for $18 (it's cheaper too!).

Have you ever tried any of Stila's Kitten products? Let me know in the comments section below.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS