Pages

Origins Out of Trouble Mask Review


Over the past few months, I've become a big fan of Origin's masks and have slowly built up my collection of them. I've tested out and very much liked the Drink Up 10 Minute Mask and the Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask, and I just got the overnight version of the Drink Up Mask in the mail. If I keep this up, I think that half of my skincare products will be Origins!

For some reason, the texture of this mask reminds me of Balmex... but don't quote me on that one! As you can probably tell from all of my previous posts, I am terrible at describing the textures of products. The only thing that I managed to discover about its ingredients from Sephora.com is that it contains camphor. If you've ever used Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion, it smells very similar to that, so I imagine that there is some overlap in those two formulas. If you don't like the smell of camphor, it is fairly strong, so keep that in mind. Anyway, whatever the other active ingredients in this mask are, they sure do pack a punch! This is another one of those middle of the road masks that doesn't leave my own skin feeling uncomfortably stripped, but is definitely more drying than some more gentle mud masks that I've tried. If you have dry skin, you might want to seek out a different option or apply this as a more targeted treatment on blemishes and oily patches.

One night this week, I decided that I would put this mask on my pimples as an overnight spot treatment. I knew that the mask would work well at reducing the redness and size of my spots, but I was a little worried that it might dry out the areas I put it on too much. Much to my surprise, the results when I woke up the next morning were great, without any of the dryness I had anticipated. I could hardly tell that there had even been pimples in some of the places where I applied the mask, and it significantly reduced the size and redness of the pimples it didn't manage to completely remove overnight. I would definitely do this again, and it's something that I think I'll be trying with all of my clay masks.

Overall, I think that this mask is an excellent option for weekly treatment of acne and oily skin. For my own skin type, I only apply a thin layer or use it as a targeted treatment because my skin does get dry patches if I overdo the acne treatment and prevention products. If you already own a clay mask, I think that this mask is still worth its $24 price tag, as I haven't seen (or smelled!) camphor in a lot of other formulas. With all that said, if you're interested in purchasing this mask, you can find it here at Sephora.com.

Have you ever tried this mask?
Let me know in the comments section!

Thanks for reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS