Pages

Easy New Year's Eye Look


The holidays are always an extremely busy time of the year. When my family is all together again, I don't want to miss spending any time with them, and that includes the time that I'd normally spend getting ready. On Christmas Eve, I had less than an hour to get ready for dinner, so I sped through the normal steps of makeup application and opted for this easy cranberry eye look. I think that this one pairs well with all of the black, gold, and silver sequined apparel that is in rotation for New Year's gatherings. Best of all, you can slap this eye look on in 15 minutes and look like you spent at least double the time getting your peepers primed and ready for 2014.

The most important component of this entire look is a good base. I'm using Make Up Forever Aqua Cream in number 17, which pairs perfectly with Mac's Cranberry eyeshadow, but you can use any cranberry or maroon colored eyeshadow and base that you have. I just applied this cream base to both eyelids generously with my fingers from my lash line to the crease of my eyelid.


This is Mac's Cranberry eyeshadow, which I used a 242 brush to pat onto my eyelid where I applied the base, from lash line to crease.


Next, I took Mac's Espresso eyeshadow and buffed it into the crease with my 217 brush. You don't have to worry about layering whichever medium to dark brown shade that you choose to use too much, because later we'll go back in with a darker color to shade the outer corner further.


The last three shades that I used were Mac's Coppering, Folie, and Blanc Type. None of these shades are particularly unique, so just dig a metallic copper, a matte dark brown, and a creamy white shade out of your collection.

I took my metallic copper on a Mac 286 brush and traced around the edges of the brown shade that was placed in the crease. Then I went in with Folie, the dark brown shade, on a 239 brush and really worked that into the outer corner. I kept the brush flat and laid the color down in a V shape, and then took the color and pulled it up halfway through the crease to add dimension to the eye. However, I concentrated most of the color on the outer corner. Finally, I took my creamy white highlight shade on a clean brush and applied it generously to the inner corner to brighten it up and underneath the brow bone, pulling it downwards to soften the edges of the colors I'd applied.


We're almost done! The last three steps for me were applying eyeliner, which I decided to wing out, lining my waterline with an eye brightening pencil, and applying my mascara. At the moment, I've been really enjoying Covergirl's Clump Crusher.

I know that this sounds like a lot when it's typed out step by step, but it does go by quickly and doesn't require a whole lot of blending to look polished.
I hope that you try this out, and if you do, let me know in the comments section below!

Thank you for reading, and have a very Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS