Pages

Bedside Beauty


There's no better way to tell what everyday skincare products a girl really likes and uses than taking a snapshot of the products that live on her bedside table. So for today's post, that's exactly what I decided to do. Because there's so much that I keep on my makeshift trays (or rather, hard cover books!), I'll only tell you what I use every single night and morning consistently. I will occasionally switch it up, and in those instances I'll share that information with you. My rambling is done, so let's get into it!


The first thing that I'll take off of my nightstand and spray all over my face is either the Caudalie Grape Water ($18) or La Roche-Posay's Thermal Spring Water ($12.99). These are great refreshers to use after cleansing with my Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm, which I've reviewed here. The texture of the cleansing balm that I use is quite thick and oily, so if I've been a little lazy with removing it, these hydrating toners make sure that there's no residue left on my skin.

After toning, I move onto my treatments and serums. My all time favorite serum is no surprise, as its been beaten to a pulp with praise by so many bloggers that you're probably tired of hearing about it by now. The serum that I use every night without fail is Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II (normally $120, on sale now at Nordstrom.com for $108). I plan to have a review of that up in the near future, but I will say that it is very hydrating. The dry, tight feeling that I seem to get around this time of the year has not troubled me because this is a constant in my skincare routine. Mind you, I do use moisturizer morning and evening, but this is the stuff that sinks more deeply into the skin. Moisturizer makes my face feel comfortable temporarily and removes any dry patches on the surface, but this product keeps my face soft, healthy, and glowing in the long term. I've found that since I've been using this serum, I don't need facial oils quite as much, but my two favorites are Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate (normally $46, now $41.40 at Nordstrom.com) and Clarin's Lotus Face Treatment Oil ($50).

I know that this is going to sound outrageous given my age, but I do use an eye cream every evening and I try to use one in the morning as well. I don't do it because I'm afraid of getting wrinkles (well, for the most part...), but I just find that this area of my face suffers the most pain from dryness and my concealers do not apply quite as smoothly if the area isn't well hydrated. The eye cream that I used in the morning and evening for several months was Strivectin-SD Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles ($65 for full size, $15 for travel size). I still like to use that eye cream in the morning, but I found that it just wasn't moisturizing my eyes enough during allergy season, so I purchased Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado (normally $28.50, on sale at Nordstrom.com for $25.65). This is a really rich, luxurious feeling eye cream that soothes my most tired and irritated eyes at the end of the day.

After I apply my eye cream, I'll move onto moisturizer, opting for Kate Somerville's Goat Milk Cream ($55). I have a full review of this up on the blog that can be accessed by clicking here. I can't say enough good things about this long time favorite. It has a slight goat's milk scent that has become extremely comforting, it's very creamy but hasn't broken me out for as long as I've been using it, and it's perfect for sensitive skin. If I've been having a few weeks of bad skin and need to reevaluate my routine, this is a product I know that I can fall back on.

No, I'm not done yet! My last steps include applying my body lotion, which is Laura Mercier's Creme de Pistache Souffle Body Cream ($55).  If you love pistachios, then this stuff smells like heaven! It has amazing staying power and scent throw, as my mom has come up the stairs before and smelled it without being in my room. She thought it smelled like someone was baking pie... I have a feeling that this one might be in her wishlist sometime soon. 


Right before my head hits the pillow for the night, I apply my lip scrub and balm. The lip scrub that I use is still Lush's Mint Julips ($9.95), but I have a new lip balm that may just take Dior's Creme De Rose's spot. Stay tuned for a review! 



Hang in there! My morning routine is much simpler, as I cleanse and move straight onto a light serum or treatment. In the morning, I'll either use Origins Make a Difference Plus Rejuvenating Treatment ($39.50) or Caudalie's Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum ($48.00). The Origins treatment is fantastic. My favorite part about it is its light, gel consistency. It's extremely hydrating and sinks in quickly, and I could quite happily rub this product into my face for the whole morning. A review on that will definitely be coming soon. As for the Caudalie serum, I have a review on it here, and it's another one of those light serums that really boosts the hydration of the skin. 



I know that this was a long one, so thanks for sticking with me and reading! 


Do you use any of these products? 

Let me know in the comments section!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS