Pages

Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque Review


I didn't need another deep cleansing mask, but when Black Friday rolled around and various sites started giving 15%, 20%, and even 30% off of their cosmetics and skincare items, I found myself surfing the Web for deals on Aesop's Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque. The packaging, a light beige and black striped tube with a black screw on cap, made the product feel natural, sleek, and just a bit indulgent. It's price of $39 makes it teeter on the edges of 'almost justifiable' and 'just a bit ridiculous' for one product. Bear in mind, though, that this is a treatment mask that's probably not going to be touched more than once a week (unless you're like me, in which case you'll have the urge to use it every other day, but might let yourself pick it up twice or three times a week), so it will last you a long time. Regardless of my reservations, I placed an order with Barney's, which had the best deal that I could find, which happened to be free shipping. Better than nothing, right?



I love the texture of this mask. It's creamy and smooth, which is one of the indicators that it gently clarifies. There weren't any oily patches on my hand in the photo above, so you don't get to see just how the mask will look on your face once it's dry. It dries down in patches due to the differences in oil levels on each area of the face. Omorovicza's Deep Cleansing Mask doesn't have this type of technology, but the two masks are similar in every other way. They're both gentle enough not to take away all of the moisture your skin needs, but strong enough to remove all of the excess oil and reduce the size and redness of pimples.

To me, this mask smells exactly the same as Lush's Grease Lightning acne treatment. I wouldn't be surprised if Aesop's mask has a lot of overlap with the ingredients in the Lush treatment gel. If you've never smelled the Lush product that I'm referring to, just know that this mask smells very herbal. If you don't like earthy, natural scents, I would recommend smelling this before you buy it.

Is it love? Yes, it is! This mask is featured in almost every beauty blog I've ever read, but it's for good reason. It's clarifying without stripping the skin, so it's perfect for someone with a normal to dry or combination skin type. I don't have a problem using this more than once a week as long as I follow it with a good dose of moisture from my nightly treatments. The natural smell is lovely and calming, and it fits nicely into a circuit of masks (facial peel, clarifying mask, moisture mask) and is great for use by itself. I will definitely repurchase it when it runs out, and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite masks.

You can find this mask at Barneys.com here for $39.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS