Pages

The Cult Favorite that Wasn't: EOS Lip Balm in Strawberry Sorbet


I definitely understand the appeal of EOS lip balms... I bought one, after all! They come in a spherically shaped container that fits around the product, the colors of the containers are pretty pastels, and this flavor in particular, Strawberry Sorbet, tastes so delicious that I could very happily lick it off my lips.

"So," I can hear you asking, "what exactly is the problem with these things?" They have almost no moisturizing properties at all! My lips got so dry and chapped from smoothing this stuff on my lips religiously that I just had to go back to my Burt's Bees (at the time, I had not yet thought to go looking in Sephora for $30 lip balms, and because of that had not yet discovered my favorite Dior lip balm). I guarantee you that it wasn't even below 60 degrees here in the southern US, but yet, my lips were as parched as a camel wandering through the Sahara.

I decided to make a compromise between my Burt's Bees and the new lip balm in my life. I would use the EOS only when I felt that the Burt's Bees had done it's job, and I'd alternate. The only problem with that plan is that I'd be using my Burt's Bees twice as often because the EOS balm would make my lips much more in need of moisture than they ever had been before. Eventually, I got to a breaking point, and even though Strawberry Sorbet does taste delicious, I had to put the comfort of my lips ahead of my taste bud's preferences.

Luckily, now that Dior's Creme de Rose lip balm graces my nightstand, I no longer yearn for that yummy tasting, moisture sucking, pastel sphere that is the EOS lip balm.

Has this happened to anyone else, or am I alone in my loathing of this cult favorite product? Let me know in the comments section.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS