Pages

Ren Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk Review


I love cleansing balms, but when I need to get ready for school in ten minutes or less, breaking out a washcloth and giving my face a thorough massage isn't an option. Some quick cleansing choices, such as foaming, gel, and clay formulas clean my skin too thoroughly when used on an everyday basis. For me, the perfect type of cleanser strikes a balance by cleaning effectively but not stripping my skin or leaving it too dry. One of the formulas that I've found works for me in this way is a cleansing milk, and a firm favorite of mine in that category has been Ren's Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk.


I hope that you can get a decent look at the texture of this cleanser from the photo above. If you can't, this stuff is basically just a white cream, akin to the texture of a moisturizer, that you get a large pump of and apply onto dry skin. After I've rubbed that in quite a bit, I like to take some warm water on my hands and smooth it onto my face to really emulsify the product and remove any stubborn eye makeup or sebum and dirt. I either take a washcloth with warm water on it and buff away the product, or just rinse it away with warm water, depending on whether I've decided to use it in the morning or evening and how much exfoliation my skin's been getting. The product, makeup, and any dirt and residue will all be removed if you just decide to splash your face with warm water, but sometimes I like my skin to feel extra pampered after a cleanse, and gently wiping the product away with a washcloth does that for me.

I can't find the words to adequately describe the scent of this product. It does smell similar to the other products in Ren's range, but it has its own unique twist because of the way the ingredients in it combine. If you like the more natural undertones to Ren's other products or natural skin care in general, I don't believe that this scent will be off putting. Even if you're not head over heels in love with this scent, it's very mild and doesn't linger. With that said, the scent wasn't a major point in its favor, either, and I'm not picking the product up specifically to smell it.

In my opinion, at $28 for 5.1 ounces worth of product (that comes in at about $5.50 per ounce), you can't go wrong with this cleanser. It doesn't break me out, doesn't dry out my skin and leaves it soft and moisturized, removes makeup effectively, and is great for a quick morning cleanse. It won't perform miracles, but it's also a great foundation for the rest of a skincare routine that will help to keep the skin moisturized (but not oily), which is one of the fundamental aims of toners, serums, and moisturizers which are applied later in a routine. If you're interested in trying it out, you can get it here at Sephora.com for $28.

Happy cleansing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS