Pages

Ren No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm and ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser Reviews


My cleanser has always served a very functional purpose: removing all of my eyeliner, concealer, and mascara. My logic didn't go beyond makeup and dirt removal to consider the needs of my skin at different times of the day or night and during seasonal weather changes. Now that I've done my homework and switched up my routine, I can verify the advice of many a skincare blogger: having multiple cleansers that address different skin concerns will improve the appearance of skin.

I was quite pleased to have found this piece of advice for two reasons. One, it confirmed what I had always believed: using the cleansing balm that I bought only thinking about nighttime use is not always the best thing for my skin come morning. Secondly, it gave me a solid reason to abandon my 'one cleanser at a time' policy and indulge in some new ones that I wanted to try.

The one and only downside? Skincare products can be expensive, and having multiple products that will essentially serve the same purpose is a bit excessive. That's why I was very happy to find these two cleansers that work exceptionally well together from Ren: the No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm and the ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser.



This cleanser was on my wishlist for a while before I finally decided to purchase it. It was recommended mainly for oily skin types, and I didn't believe this would benefit my dry skin. Now that I've incorporated it into my routine, I don't know how I got along without it! This is my most used cleanser for an afternoon pick me up. It removes all the surface oil and dirt from the skin as well as the deeper filth and grime that clogs up pores. I don't use this cleanser every night because my skin is on the drier side, but I could see this being an oily skin savior, especially during these last few weeks of hot and sticky summer weather.

 This cleanser has a very light and creamy consistency which spreads easily. One to two pumps covers the entire face and neck area. It leaves the skin feeling clean and fresh, but not overly stripped. Perfect for oily skin, summertime weather, or any face that just feels grubby or greasy. Delightful! 


If I decide to use the clay cleanser at night, then this is what I follow it up with as a second cleanse. It's lovely for use on its own, but I find that this product injects just the right amount of moisture into the skin after using the deep-cleaning clay cleanser. This product definitely stands up to the higher end products of its type, such as Eve Lom and Omorovicza's balms. The texture of this product is thick and rich, which is something the price tag of $10 per ounce wouldn't suggest. Combination and oily skin types shouldn't be afraid of this product like I was with Ren's clay cleanser. Once you wipe it away with either a washcloth or muslin cloth, your skin won't feel greasy, just moisturized slightly. I could also see this product becoming a staple in any dry skinned girl's skincare routine. 

The texture of this cleansing balm is thick and luxurious, but not too rich or heavy. It gains a cleansing milk texture when a small amount of water is rubbed into it. This could work well for oily skin types as we transition from summer to fall and will probably be a hit all year long for drier skin types. The skin is left feeling clean and well hydrated. It hasn't clogged my pores, and I don't think it will for anyone else: all of the oils that can sometimes linger on the skin after using a cleansing balm are effortlessly removed from the skin with a washcloth or muslin cloth when using this cleanser. 

Ren's ClearCalm3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser can be purchased from Sephora here for $32.
Ren's No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm (appears to be newly reformulated with the addition of a rose infusion) can be purchased from Sephora here for $48.

After my experience with these two products from Ren, I'm definitely interested in trying out some more things from the line. 

What are your favorite Ren products? Have you tried either one of these cleansers? 
Let me know in your comments! 
Thank you for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS