Pages

Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask Review



I've been spending most of my free time lately searching through blogs that focus mainly on skincare (think Caroline Hirons from Beauty Mouth), and I have most definitely been bitten by the skincare bug. Among my favorite reads are Dreaming in Blush by Elle Fowler, A Model Recommends authored by Ruth Crilly, and one of the most recognized authorities on skincare: Caroline Hirons from Beauty Mouth. I couldn't possibly read these fantastic skincare blogs without absorbing some of the information through osmosis (because that definitely happens when reading a beauty blog, *wink, wink*) and racking up a long wishlist of products.

Ruth Crilly swears by the Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask for clearing up her skin, giving it a healthy glow and removing all the nasty dirt and oil from clogged pores. Because of her rave reviews, trying this mask nearly made it to my bucket list, trumping all other product cravings I had at the time. Something almost stopped me, though. The price can cause a mini-heart attack at $120 for just 1.7 ounces of product. Ouch.

Don't despair! I've found a way to cheat the system: by purchasing the Omorovicza Travel Set for $95, one will receive a 0.5 ounce size of the Deep Cleansing Mask and Thermal Cleansing Balm, 0.67 ounces of the Balancing Moisturizer, and 1 oz samples of the Cleansing Foam and the Queen of Hungary Mist. This set is a much better value as well as pure ecstasy, and a review on the collection of products as a whole will be coming very soon.

Now for a few remarks love letter to my favorite Drano-for-my-face type of mask.

Firstly, this mask smells divine. It's definitely an herbal scent, but it has enough hints of orange and other essential oils that it ends up smelling less like a wheatgrass smoothie in a sweaty gym and more like a cup of earl grey tea being enjoyed in a high end spa. The texture is a lighter, more whipped consistency than a lot of other mud/clay masks that are meant for deep cleansing. Whatever Omorovicza has put into this product to make it work, the results are undeniable: skin is left feeling significantly less oily, cleansed but not stripped, and soft to the touch. More importantly, your skin will instantly look more even-toned and less red. Basically, this mask made my skin look and feel like a million bucks for a few days after I used this product. 

Since the price has to be multiplied by a very large number to reflect the way this makes my skin look and feel, I would say that it's worth its high price tag and I would repurchase a full size.

The Omorovicza travel set is available from the Sephora website for $95 (click here). The deep cleansing mask is also available from the Sephora website for $120 (click here).

If you've tried this mask, what did you think? Are you interested in purchasing it?

Thank you for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS